(1) New Cooperative Housing Chapter XIII-B to MCS Act, 1960 by issuing the ordinance on 30th Oct, 2018 was converted into MCS (Amendment) Bill, 2018 and presented to the Assembly. Due to some of the issues raised by the MLAs, the bill was withdrawn by the Minister.
(2) Stamp duty cannot be collected on old documents when the same is not payable at the relevant time.: Bombay High Court in Notice of Motion(L) 1918 of 2018 in Suit No. 3394 of 2008, held that previous or antecedent documents cannot be brought to stamp retrospectively by the sub-registrar while the present documents are presented for registration.
(3) SC upheld the SRA TDR policy of Maharashtra Govt: In Civil Appeal 10192 of 2010 Janhit Manch Vs State of Maharashtra, SC upheld the Bombay High Court decision approving the Slum TDR policy.
(4) MahaRERA order No. 5/2018 dated 26th Nov, 2018 has made it mandatory for every promoter to submit quarterly a quality assurance certificate from the Project Engineer in form 2A.
(5) MahaRERA Circular No. 21/2018 dated 26th Nov 2018, makes it mandatory on every promoter to disclose information of all the professionals and agencies involved including the Chartered Accountants.
For more details on above, visit www.wirc-icai.org